Regional HIV/AIDS Connection (RHAC) serves the counties of Perth, Huron, Elgin, Lambton, Middlesex, and Oxford. We are community-inspired and dedicated to positively impacting the lives of individuals and diverse communities living with, at-risk for or affected by HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C (HCV).
What We Do
Our service users include people living with HIV/AIDS and HCV, their partners/family/friends, as well as those concerned about HIV/AIDS and HCV or at risk for HIV. We also work with anyone who provides services to people with, or at risk for, HIV and HCV. All services are free and confidential.
What We Offer
- Practical support, counselling services, and programming to diverse populations of people living with and affected by issues related to HIV/AIDS.
- Education and resources related to safer sex, HIV acquisition, HIV/AIDS and/or Hep C-related stigma and discrimination, HIV and Hep C testing, disclosure (telling people about your HIV/HCV status) among other topics.
- Needle and syringe program for injection drug users to reduce the transmission of HIV, HCV, and other blood-borne infections.
- Strong relationships with people in our communities such as other community organizations, people interested in HIV/AIDS & hep C information and volunteers who help us meet our mission through fundraising.
What We Aim to Do
- Increase access to medical, practical and psychosocial services for people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Integrate and coordinate programs and services for People Living with HIV/AIDS (PHAs).
- Provide HIV/AIDS educational and outreach materials to the community.
- Establish partnerships to strengthen our ability to provide effective services in each community.
- Continually identify needs and solutions for people and communities affected by HIV/AIDS in southwestern Ontario.
- Develop Hepatitis C programming and services as we strive to respond to the growing need in our community.
- Improve quality of life for those living with & affected by HIV/AIDS
- Reduce the number of new HIV infections
- Increase community awareness about HIV/AIDS
Our Value Statement
The courage to do what is right.
What We Believe
Regional HIV/AIDS Connection works from an anti-oppression, anti-racism framework and has adopted several positions statements and definitions that help guide our work with respect to issues such as the criminalization of HIV for non-disclosure, the Vienna Declaration on the criminalization of illicit drug users, the medical use of marijuana, health promotion, sex positivity, and diversity. We are currently working on creating position statements on sexism and trans inclusion.
Our work is also guided by the following principles developed in the fall of 2009 as the agency moved toward its 25-year service delivery milestone. These principles are reflective of and honour the beliefs of those who came before us. We uphold these beliefs as we address HIV/AIDS and related issues locally, provincially, nationally, and internationally.
If you are interested in joining the fight against HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C and working to help uphold these principles, visit our Get Involved page.
- Peer Engagement
- Greater Involvement of People Living with HIV/AIDS (GIPA)
- A Learning Culture
- Harm Reduction
- Honouring our History
- Valuing Staff and Volunteers
Regional HIV/AIDS Connection (RHAC) respects your privacy. We protect your personal information and adhere to all legislative requirements with respect to protecting privacy. The information you provide will be used to deliver services and to keep you informed and up-to-date on the activities of RHAC, including programs, services, special events, funding needs, opportunities to volunteer or to give, open houses and other periodic contacts.
If at any time you wish to be removed from any of these contacts, simply contact 519-434-1601 or call toll free 1-866-920-1601 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will gladly accommodate your request.
RHAC's Privacy Officer (PO) can be reached at 519-434-1601 or toll free at 1-866-920-1601.
Regional HIV/AIDS Connection is a registered charity: #11877 9008 RR0001.